Sunday, March 11, 2012

Reflections on this Sunday's CrossView Gathering


(1)  I was grateful for Ray Choi serving our church by preaching the Word to feed our church. He preached on 1 Corinthians 7:17-24. I was challenged to love God and our church members more than worry about the perception of the church by those outside our church. Each of our members are a gift from the Lord Jesus and I need to love them well as a way of loving the Father. We renewed our church covenant with each other today which reminded us of our responsibility for one another's discipleship. I love this brother and am grateful to his wife, family, and church lending him to us for the gathering today. It was good to catch up with him, see CrossView be affected by his message, and for us to talk about the sermon and ministry as we cleaned up the gathering space.

(2) We got new sound equipment! We have to work out a kink or two regarding the guitar, but I praise God for a member who purchased 2 new mics and other stuff for us to put the sound board in the back. I just hope the sound guys can still focus on God's Word and not be distracted by other things since it's hard enough to focus with the constant responsibility of the sound board.

(3) I thank God for a Shatto family visiting today! One of the kids I coach came with his mom and sister and Frances was able to share the gospel with her. I pray that seed planted bears fruit. I'm thankful Sally was able to join the conversation and bless the visitor and Frances.

(4) I wish I could engage more CrossViewers at a gathering. I have to find a way to intentionally engage them this week and this month.

(5) I'm excited for next week as I'll be preaching on James 1:13-15 and we'll have a baptism for 2-3 people

No comments: